Prices are falling nicely now, when I got a Samsung 250GB SSD last year
it was 130 GBP, now down to about 100:

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E391OX6/
ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399537090&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+ssd>

<http://tinyurl.com/lce2ktw>

My son had one first in his Macbook, then I did mine. Ideally I wanted a
500GB but they were more than twice the price. I note the 500GB is now
about 180 GBP, so will be looking at some of those for both computer and
backup.

Issue, wise, touch wood, never a problem of any kind. I back up to
conventional HDD and am still cautious but so far so good. The benefits
way outway the risks here - speed is amazing, quiet...

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    Broadcast, Corporate,