I agree with your assessment, Brian. I'm long overdue to really learn
Photoshop masking. As an old film darkroom guy I think I get the
concept, I just need to learn how to get just the areas I want using
the available Photoshop tools.

PS... when you install Perfect Effects 8 you are given the option to
LEAVE old versions or OVERWRITE them.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.