It really is discouraging, I shot a couple of publicity photos, gratis, for a volunteer organization. I processed them each to a good looking jpeg, and sent them off to the secretary of said organization, for their use. I received back a copy of their electronic newsletter and the photos had been re-compressed and re-sized until all the quality had been wrung out of it, like so much dirty dishwater. I used to work for small newspapers, so I shouldn't be so depressed over this, but, somehow I still am.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken