Some of those comments appear to be reviews of the exhibition rather than of
HCB's work. As far as critical and popular opinions of his work are concerned,
most great artists under reappraisal and a dip in popularity after their death,
so it shouldn't be a surprise if this happens to HCB.

Part of the value of criticism is in revealing things about the artist or their
work that we might not otherwise have seen, and it might include things we
disagree with strongly. So be it.