That's just the way dropbox works, it's designed for secure file sharing, and photo sharing was just an after thought. But it works well and lets me use any display method for my photos, or their own built in gallery software if I so desire. I like having control and it's effectively free, more so than Google which really want's to sell my info so other companies can sell me stuff. Dropbox is just selling cloud back services by giving away small chunks for limited purposes. I like their model and if I needed that kind of protection I'd certainly pay for their service.