on 2014-05-22 13:52 Mark Roberts wrote
steve harley wrote:

Twitter is what you make of it — i rarely tweet, usually incomprehensible
outbursts, but it's a terrific resource for certain types of information

Much like Facebook – mostly frivolous but invaluable some times.
Without Facebook I never would have caught that student of mine who
turned in work from an on line tutorial.

i check my Twitter feed a few times a day, but i only go to Facebook only once a week or so, to check on neighborhood organization and plant societies i belong to, for things that no one thought to post on their "real" sites

i prefer Twitter because there's no buy-in — you don't have to "like", only "follow" (there's a functional difference behind the terminology); for some lines of work i think Facebook has become a necessity though; i think i would like the mono-directional aspect of Google+ circles too, if there were not so much baggage