Quoting "P.J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

As mirrorless cameras go this is really quite large. Compared to the K5 series it's well just about the same size. Add a fotodiox K-NX adapter and it's pretty much the same size as the K5 in all dimensions. The only other Mirrorless camera I know of that's in this size range is the Panasonic GH3/4 so it's kind of ironic when Samsung's press release says and I quote

"For years photographers have been misled to believe that they need big, often awkward DSLRs to take great pictures. Smaller mirrorless cameras, like the Samsung NX30, ..."

But it is lighter (375g v/s 750g for the K-5; body only), which is something I'd be looking for in my next camera.

Apparently the NYC event is by registration and the free cameras are for the first 200 in line.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/samsung-ditchthedslr-day-tickets-11608805249?aff=es2/

Not much point in me hopping on a plane, then....

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia