A simple "No more than 15 items" could avoid controversy.

On 6/2/2014 12:59 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

It has been discussed many times in many venues that the correct
usage is "10 items or FEWER" vs "10 items or less" (and apparently
there is no complete consensus, even though I am on the "fewer" side
in this case).

But in this case, the situation is worse: "UP TO .. or LESS"...

http://42graphy.org/snapshots/IMG_20140523_212839_018-scr.jpg "Some
people are not paid to think."

(Seen in Victoria's [BC] Save-On-Foods.)

Igor