Hi,

On the Contax RX you have a PF option which lets you choose whether to
rewind fully into the cassette, or leave the leader out. I used to
make it rewind fully, but that caused problems when I wanted to
mid-roll rewind, so changed to leader out. One good feature of the
camera is that when it's finished rewinding, if you do want to wind
back into the cassette you just push the rewind lever again and back
in it goes. Very convenient.

An even better idea, imo, is to have a smart rewind. If it rewinds
automatically on end-of-roll then it should rewind fully back into
the cassette. If the photographer initiates the rewind by pressing the
lever then it should leave the leader out.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]