From: "John Leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have a Pentax MZ-5n which I use mostly with the Sigma 28-80 F3.5-5.6
> Aspherical which I got with the camera. Photos seem to have less "punch"

John,
    Obviously, you are concerned with quality. Surprise your self and get
any of the used single focal length lenses you can find. Zooms, while
connivent, do not offer the quality of image that a standard will offer. If
you want a quality zoom, prepare to spend large sums of money. Evaluate what
focal lengths you use and get standard lenses of those focal lengths - AF or
MF.
    I used quality zooms myself but returned to single focal length lenses -
quality of image was the reason. Evaluate your needs and make your choice.

Bob