I have a Pentax MZ-5n which I use mostly with the Sigma 28-80 F3.5-5.6
Aspherical which I got with the camera. Photos seem to have less "punch"
(particularly when the sun isn't shining) than ones I took on an MZ-50 with
standard Pentax 28-70 lens.

I'm wondering whether that Sigma zoom is a bit too "budget". I'm tempted to
replace it with a 28-105 internal-focussing (I just HATE that filter ring
turning). Have considered Pentax, Sigma, Tokina and Tamron. Like the idea of
faster lens, so Sigma 28-105 F2.8-4 very attractive, but Sigma again? Need
to keep below 200 UK pounds (ideally).

I've noticed that IF lenses seem to "whirr" more on focussing. Could the
increased load on the camera auto-focus drive be a problem? I'm sure Pentax
would say using anything but a Pentax lens might wreck the camera, but what
is the truth?

Thanks,

John Leonard,
Surrey, UK.