A great sequence, Paul. The one with the fish in its beak is a classic (Just like Thelwell's "Braithwaite"). The lens, TC combination works so well.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Paul Stenquist
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:22 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: GESO: A Great Blue Goes Fioshing

I was shooting a Great Blue Heron in the wetlands near my house this morning when he took off across the pond. After a sprint of about twenty yards, he spun around and dove underwater. He came up with lunch, a small carp I think, which promptly went down the gullet. My access was limited by trees and brush, so I couldn’t get very close, so these are 30 to 50% of frame. K-3 with DA* 60-250 and DA 1.4 X converter. All at 350mm, f5.6, ISO 800. Click the slideshow button to see them in order.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1071005

---
is active.