Looks like the Heron had a good day. Carp didn't. Pretty good sequence. Who says Pentax can't do nature...
finally.

On 6/29/2014 4:22 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I was shooting a Great Blue Heron in the wetlands near my house this morning
when he took off across the pond. After a sprint of about twenty yards, he spun
around and dove underwater. He came up with lunch, a small carp I think, which
promptly went down the gullet. My access was limited by trees and brush, so I
couldn’t get very close, so these are 30 to 50% of frame. K-3 with DA* 60-250
and DA 1.4 X converter. All at 350mm, f5.6, ISO 800. Click the slideshow button
to see them in order.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1071005

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken