I'd like to thank everyone who looked and gave me feedback (either on
or off-list). It has been VERY useful.
I know that having a contest winner is a long shot, but I guess if I'm
going to try I would like to make sure it is the best image I can put
forward.

I also know that my image will be up against a good number of other
excellent images, so if there is a "quibble" with an image then it is
probably enough to make it lose out to somebody else's image with
which no one had any "quibbles".

I think I agree with everyone that Image 1 is the strongest of the
bunch, mainly because it really doesn't have any quibbles. Yes it has
some wide angle distortion, but:
a) the dilapidated barn WAS leaning (it isn't all distortion)
b) thanks to the placement of the supercell base (side lit by the
setting sun) in the scene, all of the distortion/lean lends a feeling
of things being sucked into the vortex - which adds drama (IMHO) to an
already dramatic scene.

I have a lot to learn about post-processing (particularly color) so I
will probably take another run at all of these images in the future,
as my PP skills develop (assuming that they ever do).
:)

Please accept my thanks, EVERYONE for your valuable opinion and input.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.