my inspiration not so lofty...

"According to Books in Print, more books are now published with a title that begins with '101' than '100'. They usually describe or discuss a list of items, such as 101 Ways to... or 101 Questions and Answers About... . This marketing tool is used to imply that the customer is given a little extra information beyond books that include only 100 items. Some books have taken this marketing scheme even further with titles that begin with '102', '103', or '1001'. The number is used in this context as a slang term when referring to "a 101 document" what is usually referred to as a statistical survey or overview of some topic."

The trip was in Sept 1983.  The journal had an alternate title,
"Birds eat Butter" because a cheeky Canada Jay boldly lit on our picknic table , picked up almost an entire stick of butter by its paper wrapping and tried to take off with it. Richard grabbed a nice little funny shot of the scene - my yelling 'no' at the perp, etc.

ann