The loon is the official bird of the Province of Ontario. Nothing says "north
woods" like the loon. That haunting cry across a still morning lake is
unforgettable.

Beautiful images, Stan, especially the first one.

Reminds me of youthful summers at the cottage.

Thanks.

Cheers,

frank

On 21 July, 2014 10:30:38 PM EDT, Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>
wrote:
>After almost two weeks at our cabin on Long Lake, I finally had a
>chance to get reasonably upclose and personal with one of our
>neighborhood loons. The wind & wave action was not ideal, he bobbed
>around quite a bit and made focusing difficult. But he stayed long
>enough that I had many opportunities to try and get it right.
>
>The first shot is a traditional semi-profile, the second is a bit
>different. Enjoy!
>
>Tech details: K-3, PK DA*300/4.0 + DA1.4x teleconverter. ISO100, 1/320
>@ f/6.3 and 1/125 @ f/6.3 respectively.
>
>stan
>
>http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/ea1a9470
>
>http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e25412f09

“Analysis kills spontaneity.” -- Henri-Frederic Amiel