On 7/26/2014 9:50 AM, Stanley Halpin wrote:

On Jul 26, 2014, at 9:31 AM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:

On 7/25/2014 8:33 PM, Stanley Halpin wrote:

In my experience with Southwest, when a group (family or
otherwise) was separated into different cattle chutes, then the
first one on board would “reserve” seats for the others by
placing items on the chosen seats, sitting in the aisle sit and
not letting others pass to get to the other two, etc. Which the
father could easily have done in this case which makes his
reaction even more idiotic.

stan

Who watches over the two kids left in the boarding area while dad
is "reserving" seats?

Good point John. I was thinking that the kids would quietly wait
their turn to board, but I have seen so many examples of out of
control kids in airports that I should have known better than to make
such an assumption.

stan

Yeah, I was thinking as much about out of control adults as I was
thinking about rambunctious kids.