I dunno about Larry but in my case I use my two $400+ AF540's as dumb
slaves because back when I was flush with disposable income I thought
that wireless P-TTL was the awesomest concept ever and I bought two of
them.

Now I'm older and much wiser and realize that I should have bought
cheap stupid flashes and used radio triggers, and invested the extra
money in Apple stock. But at least I can get good use out of them as
powerful light sources.

I do like having one P-TTL flash for on-camera inside event work. They
are built like brick sh*t houses and after a couple of repairs are
pushing 6 years of service. Not a total waste.

--
-bmw