Darren Addy wrote:
Crikey, Larry. Why use a $400 flash as a dumb optically triggered
slave? You can get old Vivitar 283/285s for that purpose and they are
a dime a dozen these days. Add a Vivitar Vari-Power Module (admittedly
getting harder to find) and you've got oodles of flexibility on an
optically fired slave.

Because I *have* a $400 flash, that works great in P-ttl when I need that. Buying dumb strobes means buying and storing more stuff.

Not that I mind buying camera gear, but with limited resources I'm prioritizing things like food and the house at the moment.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)