On 8/1/2014 3:06 PM, John wrote:
I find myself mostly in agreement with your assessment of Sony, except for the part about "used to make wonderful quality equipment". I never had a Sony consumer electronics product that worked for even one day past the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

I have been enjoying my hi end Sony ST--SA5ES FM stereo tuner for over 20 years.