I've gotten a couple of card error messages on older class 4 4gb Sandisk cards I originally used with the K20D. They worked fine until I attempted to use them in the K-5II. The card access light came on, I tried to format the camera reported card error. On the first, I tried putting the card into the K20D which then formatted the card and it worked fine, the second card appeared to format in the K20D but then failed when I attempted a test photo with the K20D. The first actually worked in the K-5II after being formatted by the K20D. I don't really trust that first card, but it's there in a pinch. I figured I'd take advantage of the lifetime guaranty from Sandisk, but gave up after realizing I couldn't prove I actually bought the card. Both cards were bought at the same time, and neither had given me any trouble before. Maybe it was just their time to fail.