Stanley Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> In a couple of weeks we planned to go ... Probably spend two days between our
> first overnight in Niagara-on-the-Lake and the time we cross back at the Soo
> and head for the Traverse City area.

Here's an overall guide to the province:
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Ontario

I'm from Ottawa, not unbiased. It is a lovely city, as is Kingston which someone
already mentioned. I recommend both if you are coming that far East. There
are lots of pretty smaller towns along the Saint Lawrence (take the older
highway 2 rather than freeway 401 to see more) and along the Rideau Canal
which runs Kingston-Ottawa. Built by British Army Engineers to provide a
link from Montreal to the Great Lakes that was not vulnerable to American
guns.

The whole area around Georgian Bay is pretty. Sault Ste Marie is two
towns, one in Ontario & one in Michigan; I have the impression that neither
is very interesting. There should be some rapids there; "sault" is French for
"leap" and presumably the river does.