On 8/29/2014 12:41 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting "P.J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

You know, they don't mention a wired remote port on the specifications page at http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com

Lack of a wired remote would be a deal breaker for me (if I were considering a new DSLR). In my experience, the IR remotes are just too unreliable unless you get them lined up perfectly with the IR sensor - difficult to do when you have your eye to the viewfinder. I notice that both the K50 & 500 have support for a cable switch so lack of it on the K-S1 would be a disappointment.

As I said, it's not aimed at us. The camera looks to be pretty substantial, it is after all an updated K500 with a 20mp sensor, and the K500 is a very capable camera. However a couple of the first look/hands on previews I read made mention of the difficulty of using the four way controller to change focus points, and that the mode dial was extraordinarily hard to change. That the grip is slick and doesn't inspire confidence in the hand. I don't think any of those things are seen as a detriment in the market segment the camera is aimed for, which seems to be those who are looking for style first and if there's substance then that's just gravy.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia