On 9/1/2014 10:43 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

On Sep 1, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Eric Featherstone <eric.featherst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The shutter count is contained in the EXIF data contained in a photo
straight from the camera (some editing apps might remove data like
this.) Some editing apps (Lightroom? Photoshop?) can display this kind
of info

Looking at EXIF data of an image in LR 5, I don’t find shutter actuations displayed.
I’m wondering if this is incorporated into the file name format I’m using, e.g.,
20131012-IMGP8199. Could that "8199” be it?

It might be close, unless you've taken more than 9999 images with the camera.

There are a number of reasons why a sequential image number might be different from shutter activations.