on 2014-09-08 22:09 Ken Waller wrote
Not necessarily.  I have pdf versions of all manuals loaded on my  Samsung
tablet

More stuff to lug around in the field. Recent Pentax operating manuals
easily fit in the Tamrac backpack I use and don't require recharging.

i have the K-5 manual in DropBox on all my rectangles, including the small one which i have with me almost always … carrying it gives me also a note-taker, communication device, backup camera, a workable geotagger, etc.; so there's no sense of burden

good thing the K-5 manual does not make my rectangle heavier, though, because i very rarely consult it