My brother-in-law, a retired photojournalist (Newsweek, Time), has
left specific instructions to destroy his negatives after his death so
his family won't be hit by US inheritance taxes on the estimated
market value of the collection. He sells through Getty and Polaris so
this is a valid financial threat.

Kinda sad, I think. He did a close up and personal pictorial project
with a young Bob Dylan and Rotolo, his then girlfriend, living in New
York, and these rare shots would be destroyed, along with thousands of
others.

--
-bmw