Having a huge legacy of past great lenses hasn't stopped Nikon for selling lots of new glass. There's no reason to expect that Pentax couldn't give better support to K and M lenses, including a new implementation of the aperture simulator and not do the same. I'm not saying that Ricoh would do such a thing just that it could. Abandoning the past doesn't secure the future.