Mark C wrote:

>I'd expect all A, F and FA lenses would work with a FF Pentax. That's a
>lot of legacy glass. If they keep the green-button-stop-down-metering
>feature, there is still compatibility with even older glass.
>
>I'd like to see Pentax put more effort into attracting new buyers who
>will want new lenses and leveraging that to rebuild the product line.
>Investing in the very small number of people who bought lenses decades
>ago and don't want to upgrade is not a good business strategy,
>especially when your current products support this market segment better
>than most of your competitors.

Yes, attracting new buyers is critical. The other day I was in Best
Buy picking up a USB cable or some such and walked through their
camera display. I found myself thinking how everything in there looked
the same and that the new K-S1 would really stand out. The old farts
that populate the PDML might not like it, but that's beside the point
in the wider world.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com