I had a bit of a windfall earlier this year so I was able to buy the K-3 without having to plunder my savings against the day ... if it ever came.

By the time it actually shows up at my local pusher I might be able to afford it. I've got lenses I expect I'll be able to use - FA50/1.4, FA43/1.9 Limited, FA77/1.8 Limited and A100/2.8 Macro, along with a Tokina ATX-Pro 80-200/2.8.

Maybe if things work out I'll have the Tokina ATX-Pro 28-70/2.8 repaired & working again.

All of them are 'A' lenses with the aperture ring, so I'm good to go whether it has the aperture simulator or not.