Hi Martin,

Glad to hear that you got your equipment back.  A cheap and easy way to
try to get a stuck filter off of a lens is to use a wide rubber band,
wrap it around the filter, and turn.  If that doesn't work, I've seen
the "caliper" like things in camera shops (the exact name escapes me)
and would probably be cheaper than sending it to Pentax.

William in Utah.