Your welcome, Jack...

and by the way, I meant "having OTHERS chime in" not "having MOTHERS chime in" although some chimers might be such.

ann the brooksian typist

On 10/14/2014 17:06, Jack Davis wrote:
Of course, It's all too absolute to allow for possible differences. That
allowance should always be identified.
Thanks for commenting, ann.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:57:38 PM
Subject: Re: PESO - As Found

Boys! stop it now!

Jack - it is about the variance across monitors... and useful
information for all of us viewing each others images on line..

E.g. if 3 or 4 people said they couldn't see the detail in something in
a particular image and are using different equipment, then that info
would be useful for the photographer to adjust someway.

If you are the person who doesnt see the detail, having mothers chime in
that they see it is good info for you to perhaps get your monitor
calibrated or change the brightness, or look at it at a different angle,
etc.

  From the two views of yours, on my monitor it falls between the two -
I don't see a lot of detail on the center of the fungus on mine

One also can seeslight variances in this sort of thing across different
browsers on the same computer.

ann