It's interesting that both Larry and Dan guessed about a dog...

Ok, well.. if someone wants to see a hint first and take a second guess
before seeing the answer:
http://42graphy.org/misc/puzzle1/_IR00178-2.jpg

Here is the full photo that clearly shows the rest of the answer:
http://42graphy.org/misc/puzzle1/_IR00178-3.jpg
(And the photo is probably less interesting by itself.)

The funny thing that it all was in a tall barn (that houses giraffes),
and what Dan called "Venetian blinds" may have been some type of "blinds", but very simple ones.
The photo was taken at Houston Zoo a few months ago.
(I was rather disappointed by the arrangement for the giraffes there.)

Thanks to all who participated. It was fun, and I hope you enjoyed it as well...

Cheers,

Igor