I've decided I have to sign off this list -- at least for the time being.  I
simply cannot deal with the huge volume of posts.

It's really a shame, since I have learned an awful lot from the postings here,
especially about Pentax equipment and the technical aspects of photography.
I've read a number of books and visited many sites, but I've learned more here
than anyplace except maybe the NYIP, and while they are stronger on the artistic
side of photography, this list offers more technical details.

I have also been disappointed that, with all the traffic, there is very little
said about the gallery, and what makes the pictures there good or not-so-good.
I usually don't even mind the off-topics that much;  it is very interesting at
times to hear how intellegent people from other parts of the world feel about
such things as hereditary manarchy and terrorism.

What I find overwhelming is the repetitious postings on opinions and
speculations.  I can't bear any more tirades on why someone is an idiot if they
don't agree with my definition of "professional," another digital/film debate,
or another thousand posts on whether Pentax will release a new digital slr (or a
new limited lens) today, this week, next week, next month, or at Photokina in
2008.

I may rejoin later when my work load is a bit more managable, but right now it
just take too much time to mine for the gems of wisdom and information amidst
all the bandwith for the sake of bandwidth.

--
Daniel J. Matyola                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stanley, Powers & Matyola          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]