I've tried using ISO 25,600 a few times, just to see what it was like. Naturally, I didn't expect the highest quality at this setting. I must say, it was nice to be able shoot images hand held in very low light. I was taking hand-held photos in dark alleys without any problem.

However, the lower image quality probably ruins things for most people. I was just wondering, if anyone had found an excellent use for ISO 25,600 (or greater), and what type of photography you use it for? Surveillance work, perhaps? Avant-Garde art, perhaps?

In the days of film, I had seen some very grainy, B&W Fine-Art imagery shot in this ISO range. I don't know if anyone is currently attempting anything like that with digital though.