I share in your nostalgia - as I recall in the film days your were really pushing it (often literally!) to get to 3200 and ISO's of 25,600 or more were into the experimental arena.

I remember a Royal Gold 1000 and thought it was abysmal. In later years there was a very good ISO 1600 Fuji Press C41 color. I thought looked about as good as many ISO 400's of the time. Then there was TMax P3200 which tended to be a little grainy....

But ISO 25,600 was beyond the pale...

Mark