Thanks, Attila, Jack, Igor, Paul, Dan, Don, Christine, Rick and Bruce
and future commenters..

Attila -
This was 1967 - and in New York there were several custom labs, of which many considered Modernage top drawer. At that time I didn't own a camera, it was my ex husbands - although maybe he gave it to me, I can't remember. But i was afraid I'd mess up processing , being a klutz, so all my work back then was done by them. I was mainly painting
back then.

Igor, Jack - I think you were having a bit of fun with me on the straightening stuff..yes? I frequently can't see a difference if something is off a bit - I AM astigmatic, but there is not a problem with this printin that way when you line up a grid in Elements over the photo the verticals are right on with the elements (hehe) of the photo thatare actually vertical, the buildings in the background, the wastebasket and the actual fence behind it.

Igor - the park has gone through radical changes over the years...
the photo was taken early in the morning - I think, before I headed
off to work... much too early for people to be up.. perhaps I took it on a Saturday morning. It was unusual for it to be that empty.
We lived about a block away at that time. Things have changed
even more since you lived in the neighborhood, thanks to NYU.

This was the first photograph I ever sold from a show - but with
a print I made myself in 1978...

ann