I really like that "alternate view," Rob.

The few foreground elements really convey where you are and the type
of vessel it is, while the OoF background is just enough to identify
the location and set the scene effectively.  I think the contrast
between the darkness of the foreground and the brighter background
works quite well.

Dan Matyola