As some here already know ("Held an MZ-S Last Night"),
my eyesight's been making me think about autofocus, and
now I'm confused. (I must confess that, over the year-and-
something I've been reading PDML, I've given only passing
attention to AF-related posts, and now the inattention
has come back to bite me on the butt.)

The MZ-S is the top-of-line AF body, with the latest,
fastest, most evolved version of the SAFOX system, right?
Spec sheets, reviews in magazines, mention it has two auto-
focus modes. From that I infer that the camera is pretty
straight-ahead, AF-wise. Does that mean "very good but
maybe Spartan" in terms of features?

>From what I've gathered reading the list, some of the other
bodies (with older SAFOX) can do more "tricks." For example,
can somebody explain in words of few syllables what "trap
focus" means, and how important it is? What about "predictive
AF" and "focus confirmation?" Are these more properly referred
to as functions of programming rather than characteristics of
the AF system itself?

What other features  exist, and how important?

I suppose what I'm really asking for is advice on how to
*think about* moving to the AF world, and to decide what's
going to be right for me. Help! Please!

Thanks and best regards,

Stephen Moore