Hi Stephen,

Stephen wrote:

SM> From what I've gathered reading the list, some of the other
SM> bodies (with older SAFOX) can do more "tricks."

  Not true: Safox-7 supersedes previous versions in all respects.

SM>  For example,
SM> can somebody explain in words of few syllables what "trap
SM> focus" means, and how important it is?

  It's focus-priority release, only available with manual focus
  lenses. When one of the AF sensors confirms focus of a moving
  subject, it triggers the shutter.

SM> What about "predictive AF" and "focus confirmation?" Are these
SM> more properly referred  to as functions of programming rather than
SM> characteristics of  the AF system itself?

  No, these are available by default. At least in my experience,
  predictive AF works even in "trap focus" mode, with manual focus
  lenses.

SM> What other features  exist, and how important?

SM> I suppose what I'm really asking for is advice on how to
SM> *think about* moving to the AF world, and to decide what's
SM> going to be right for me. Help! Please!

  You'll probably have to think MZ-S centric. It's AF is the only true
  modern AF Pentax has, and likely the only one to allow focusing
  after framing.

  Servus, Alin