On 11/13/2014 5:47 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

John wrote:
On 11/13/2014 3:53 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
At the very least, I'd like to pick up some yongnuo 603 II triggers
maybe even a 560III and TX

Has anyone done the research as to where is the best place in the states
to pick them up? B&H says 2-4 weeks to ship
Most everyplace else seems to be sending them from overseas.

Looks like Amazon.com has them for overnight delivery.

Thanks.  I don't need overnight delivery. In theory, the free shipping
will get them here by Tuesday, which is much better than a week or two,
or four, from China.

B&H has them as special order, one or two weeks to get them in stock.
In a couple weeks, B&H should start carrying the YN 560-III.

I was poking around to find one or two used alien bees, found a white
lightning x1600 at KEH for $290, then I found three X1600s on ebay,
which I was able to get for $650. They were shipped to PC Buff who will
charge me $50 each to clean  (they're dusty from being used outside),
check and repair, and they'll even give me used reflectors to replace
the missing ones.  So, I'm rather stoked about all that. I will soon
have four matching, pretty powerful, studio strobes. That means that I
can also start working on getting standardized light modifiers.

It's a bit more expensive than getting a bunch of YN 560 IIIs, and a bit
less portable, but I don't need to worry about batteries, the special
mounts to use the flashes and so forth.   So I'm happy.

I've really liked what Bruce has been doing with strip lights, so now I
need to start shopping around for some.

If you're looking at the Yongnuo triggers as a low cost, yet reliable
alternative to Pocket Wizards, you ought to take a look at Paul C. Buff
CyberSync.