The print had turned brown near where the 45 degree mat hit the print.
The mat had reflected light from a window onto the print and
discolored it in that area. Basically a brown line right next to the
mat.

They told me it wasn't toned, and I suspect that it had either been
under-fixed or under-washed since it only took 6 months to discolor.

tv