On a whim today I decided to shoot a test roll
of TMAX 100 thru the P67. I've been using TMAX
100 lately in 35mm but had not got around to
trying it with the 67. OH MY GOD! the grain is
so fine that blue skies render as a nearly
grain free gray for a change. Contrast range is very
nice too. Almost wish I hadnt bought 40 rolls
of TMAX 400 now. Another nice thing is I'm getting
full speed out of the film, ASA125 which is
only 1 stop slower than the 250 I've been using for the TMAX 400.
I used the 75mm F4.5 for the whole roll and I can say
without a doubt that this lens is as good or better
than any of the other 67 lenses. Why pay $750 for
the 2.8 when you can get the 4.5 for only $300?
I had no problem focusing although it was bright sunny.
I'm now hooked on TMAX 100 for BOTH 35mm and 67.
The only reason to shoot the 400 would be a cloudy day
or very low light.
JCO