On 12/22/2014 3:49 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting Malcolm Smith <rrve...@virginmedia.com>:

Brian Walters wrote:

Well, Pentax isn't a manufacturer any more - it's just a brand owned by
Ricoh.

It's much the same as Panasonic putting Lumix on its cameras.

OK, but I understood that Pentax were keeping the brand name on the DSLRs. Not having a K5 of any model, I'm fairly sure even the very last ones are Pentax branded all over, and as I said, the first K3's (pre-release models) were also branded Pentax all over. Someone decided that the Ricoh brand name
would now appear on the DSLRs as well. Just an observation.

It's possible that someone at Ricoh has decided that dual branding might not be a good idea after all. 'Ricoh' doesn't appear on the rear of the latest models (K-S1, Q-S1 and 645Z) - Just 'Pentax' on the front.

I read somewhere that Ricoh thought that the Ricoh brand was the premium brand for SLR's when compared with Pentax, the rest of the world thought otherwise.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen