On 2015-01-14 22:33 , Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Ok, I sent a test message to the list and I see it in the archives, but I'm not
getting any mail from the list.

Any clues?

yes i have a clue; Apple is using a zealous blacklist service that has a block on PDML's mail server

i just checked the IP of PDML's server (from the headers of PDML messages), and found that there's a block on it at Proofpoint:

<https://support.proofpoint.com/rbl-lookup.cgi?ip=192.151.138.19>

in case the block is lifted by the time you check that URL, this is the message:

"This IP Address is currently being blocked: 192.151.138.19

IP Lookup Information
IP Address      192.151.138.19
Reverse Lookup  cloud6.emwd.com
Earliest Seen as Spam   01/12/2015 00:06:20 GMT"

so it's been blocked since the 12th

i doubt Apple is the only bigcorp using Proofpoint, and this would explain why several people are not getting emails

backstory:

i guessed this was the problem because a few days ago my email provider, Fastmail, was blocked in its entirety from sending to Apple's icloud accounts (mac.com, me.com, icloud.com), again courtesy of Proofpoint; Fastmail got it cleared up pretty fast, but they are a big outfit

i knew about it because i got bounces for my messages to iCloud addresses, and because Fastmail alerted its users about the problem:

<http://www.fastmailstatus.com/services/mail-delivery>

but in the case of messages from PDML to you, the bounces Apple generates will go back to the mail server which will ignore them; you just won't get any list messages to your me.com address until the blacklist is corrected

i've copied this to you directly so you'll see it, and to Doug so he can check with PDML's ISP