Thank you, Steve & Mark. I assure you, there are many MUCH better
images, but I'm pretty happy with the result, considering my current
state of extreme-newbieosity.

Here's an example of one that really "tripped my trigger":
http://enchantedskies.net/Lovejoy_and_Pleiades2.jpg
It is by Rich Richins (slap his parents for me)
T2i thru a 100mm Canon lens (f/2.5, 1' subs @ iso 1600) post with
Nebulosity & Photoshop.

WHAT an image!

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.