Darren Addy wrote:
Thank you, Steve&  Mark. I assure you, there are many MUCH better
images, but I'm pretty happy with the result, considering my current
state of extreme-newbieosity.

Very good job. Did you just use a tripod? Equatorial mount? Astrotracer?

Between the moon, clouds and my coming down with a cold a little over a week ago, I'm afraid that I haven't even made an attempt.

Here's an example of one that really "tripped my trigger":
http://enchantedskies.net/Lovejoy_and_Pleiades2.jpg
It is by Rich Richins (slap his parents for me)
T2i thru a 100mm Canon lens (f/2.5, 1' subs @ iso 1600) post with
Nebulosity&  Photoshop.

WHAT an image!

What a twit! not only is it wonderfully clear, but the bastard somehow managed to do some nice composition on an astro shot.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)