I think it was a well done image in any event, but it's things like the edge proximity that would keep it from being a better image.

As for the soft focus, I never noticed it until you mentioned it and would reserve my judgment on it until I saw a properly sharpened print. It is interesting that the chairs in the center seem to be sharper than the chairs on the edge, even though they appear to be the same distance from the photographer.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Boris 2015 #01 - Company

Actually, when I saw the proximity of the chairs to railing, I winched a tiny bit.
I would have, also, preferred to see completed shadows.
There were, also, a few places of soft focus that, I thought, would likely bother me more than most, but these are not great disparities for me and I allow that it's a well appreciated image
generally.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Waller" <kwal...@peoplepc.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:21:45 AM

The lack of space from the subject to the edges tends to take away from the
idea of a krafted, thought out image, and adds to the thought of a quickly
taken snapshot.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman" <bori...@gmail.com>

Thanks, Jack!

No, the group is very big and quite likely very diverse... But I was told
that the fact that I've put some objects in the frame so that they almost
touch the border is quite unorthodox and should be avoided... But I quite
like the result :-).

Boris