Very nice and dreamy image Ann, never been up the coast that far ...

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:19:17 -0500 Ann Sanfedele wrote:

>Truth be told, I only used this photo because I've been feeling so crappy for
>several weeks that I just went for one I already had a digital file of and had
>published in a calendar.
>
>Thanks Ralf, Brian and Christine - glad you liked it.., though I much
>preferred Dan and Christine's Erwittian takes, myself. I'd like to see
>Jan's in black and white...

Maybe I will put one up on my gallery later this week ...

>My interpretation is that the people are
>the unexpected visitors.

In a way they are yes.

This is a small gorge on the southern coast of Crete near Matala, and the beach
is a 2 or 3 hour hike from the nearest road/parking lot. A herd of goats (a few
dozen)
lives along the gorge, and they also go out to the beach occasionally.

At noon, when I was there, it was almost fifty-fifty goats and tourists :)

Regards, JvW