Film was never difficult to get, around here, just the dirt common types and the really esoteric are hard to find, used to be just the latter for a long time, now you can't find a consumer grade film. The last films I was using regularly was Kodacolor Gold in ASA 400. It was available for about two bucks a roll, and Tri-X, the price was the same. Now the price has doubled, and you can't find the Kodacolor. Other emulsions are available, and pretty much always have been. About the only film I've shot in the last five years has been 120 rewound onto 620 spools for my Kodak Medalist. I'm kind of sad that it's become cost prohibitive to shoot 120 slides, I understand the images the Medalist produces on transparency film are incredible.

By the way if anyone want's to take their Auto 110 our for a spin, I found some film for ya.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Kodacolor-Color-Negative-Exposure/dp/B00009R7B2