My first SLR was a Practica screw mount camera.  My father introduced me to
photography with it.  I was hookedon SLR's from that point on.  Later I bought
a Canon A-1 and found myself really missing all manual - match needle metering.
 So I sold the Canon equipment and bought an Olympus OM-1.  I really liked that
camera.  It served me well until I started shooting some theater stuff.  The
black needle for metering was not visible on the side as spot lights were
dominating the center of the image.  So I started searching for a match needle
system that was visible in low light - stumbled upon the Pentax MX.  Switched
systems and was pretty happy with it for some time.  Later I somehow decided
that I needed a Nikon and so got the FM which had lights somewhat similar to
the MX.  Used that for a few years.  At that point I was married and our first
child came along and now I wanted my wife to be able to take pictures as well.
She didn't like the manual camera.  I looked around again and
decided that Pentax was the way to go for us and switched back and got a
SuperProgram.  This camera we used for quite some time.  From that time forward
I purchased many different Pentax film bodies - ZX-10, ZX-5, ZX-M, PZ-1p, MZ-S,
MX again.

Then at Bill Robb's gentle prodding I ended up getting two Pentax 67ii's for
wedding and portrait work.  Loved them - in spite of the size and weight.  Then
digital  came along.  I could choose any system because I had sold off all my
35mm gear.  I must have gone into the store 10 times trying different bodies
and finally ended up with the *istD- it just felt and worked better than the
Canon and Nikon bodies at that time.  Been with Pentax digital since.  After
two *istD's and got a K10D, then a K20D, then a K5 and finally the current
K5iis.

I also got my daughter hooked (she shoots weddings and portraits) - she is
using a K20D and K7 at this time.

--
Bruce